Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Commuting by bike and Foot

Ok, so I've decided to start looking at commuting under my own power.  This should be quite challenging because (a) I travel a helluva lot, (b) I'm a professional engineer who therefore needs to be dressed neatly, and have a laptop handy almost permanently, and (c) I hate being sweaty when I'm not actually exercising.
So the first part of this exercise will be to analyze my current commuting activities, log these and decide which I could have done without the car, and how practical it would be.  Also, what additional items I would need to purchase such as backpacks, bike locks, rain jackets, etc, and how soon these would be paid for by travel cost savings, and then of course analyze such items as security, safety, professionalism, cost of time lost, exercise value gained, possible cost savings simply because I didn't do something because of the "schlepp" thereof, risks (if I fall, what about the laptop).  If anyone has more items to comment on, please feel free to leave a comment.
Your (greener) blogger.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment